NABARD has created a huge credit potential through the collectivisation/ FPOs. To enhance the credit flow following measures have been undertaken:
- Continuous capacity building of the stakeholders including the bankers on FPO
- Developed various training modules for Farmers/ BoDs / CEOs / bankers
- Conducted exclusive trainers training programmes for faculty of training institutions of commercial Bank/ RRBs/ Cooperatives banks through BIRD
- Developed financing models /Business models on FPOs and uploaded on website for use of stakeholders
- Requested RBI to issue guidelines on FPO financing
- Various banks reportedly have provided credit support to the extent of Rs. 200.25 crore to 527 NABARD promoted FPOs
- In addition, NABKISAN Finance Ltd. a subsidiary of NABARD has also supported 584 FPOs to the tune of Rs. 204 crores (as on 31.03.2020).