Supporting areas include forward and backward linkages and livelihood generating activities:
- comprising of processing, storage, marketing
- critical rural infrastructure (including rural roads, minor irrigation, drinking water)
- renewable energy (micro/mini-hydel, biomass based power generation, biofuels, wind-power, solar power)
- livelihood generating activities (dairy, poultry, fisheries, etc)
- any other activity which supports the efficient implementation of the projects covering the core areas and thereby intensifying their impact.